[Techtalk] Troubleshooting cron

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Mon Jul 22 18:03:26 EST 2002

Just a quick check before we go playing around with cron, but in your tripwire config file, have you got a line in it somewhere
/some/path -> +whatever (email you at your.address)

I have seen before that people wonder where their tripwire reports are when they havent actually set tripwire up to do any emailing.

Additionally, you might want to test mail delivery by running tripwire --test just to get it to email a dummy report.

Hamster