[Techtalk] Webmail?

James james at james-web.net
Thu Jul 18 13:07:45 EST 2002

I use Horde (framework) and its webmail package (IMP) at my work and I
must say it is excellent.

I use it with Gentoo Linux, Apache web server+PHP, UW IMAP and MySQL.

Not hard to setup, very well put together.  I love it.  I'd marry it if
I could.

You might also want to look into Turba and Kronolith, two other Horde
components.

Turba provides Address Book capabilities and Kronolith has an
Outlook-esque calendar manager (no multi user shared calendaring at the
moment, but support is coming).

I definitely recommend running Horde, IMP, Turba and Kronolith together.

http://www.horde.org

If you need any help setting it up, ask me or on the horde mailing
lists.

- James