[Techtalk] Webmail?

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Thu Jul 18 12:35:56 EST 2002

Jennifer Davis wrote:

>Does anyone have any suggestions on a good webmail package out there?  I
>used to use w3mail from w3mail.org, but it is pop-only and it is now
>commerical, and naturally, being the organised person I am, I tossed the
>backup cds away that had the binaries on them.  My preference would be for
>IMAP, but when I am logging in remotely, POP-only is fine.  I've tried
>downloading tools from sourceforge, but I can't seem to get any to work.

I would highly recommend checking the techtalk
archives on this, as it has been asked, with good
response, before.

However, I used Horde/IMP ( http://www.horde.org )
with QMail, CourierIMAP, and PostgreSQL. I love it.

Their website says it is the webmail software of
choice at UPenn and MIT.

Walt

-~

     But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,

     How many a dispute could have been deflated into a single

     paragraph if the disputants had dared to define their terms.

                         Aristotle