[Techtalk] Linux on a laptop problem

caitlynmaire at earthlink.net caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 11 22:33:45 EST 2002

Hi, Betty, and everyone else,

> This is apparently a known
> issue with Toshiba laptop users that the reboot function does not
> work, it gets to a point and then hangs. From there you have to shut
> it off and back on and then it will start up again.

This is known on *some* Toshiba models.  I have installed RH 7.2 on a
recent vintage (as in new a few months ago) Satellite for someone who
reports no problems at all except for the usual Winmodem issue.
Hibernation and reboot both work.

I'm typing this on an older Libretto.  Everything works.  OS is Red Hat
7.3.

All the best,
Caity