[Techtalk] Installing applications

Gawain Lynch gawain.lynch at bigpond.com
Sun Jul 7 08:20:32 EST 2002

> I'd say that you are using a newer version of gtk than Bluefish is
> familiar with, and that it expects libraries which gtk no longer has -
> but this is based solely on -your- research not mine, and not any
> familiarity I have.

I had a quick look at the site myself (it sparked a bit of curiosity on
a lazy Sunday morning :-) ) and Bluefish site says it requires -- "GTK
1.2*", so you should have an OK version of GTK, what you are most likely
missing though is the gtk+-devel package which you can get from your
install media (via YaST I believe -- I'm not a SuSe person).

If you want to skip all the fun of rolling your own, simply download the
rpm at the link below (Bluefish master site) and install it with the
command (as root):

        rpm -Uvh bluefish-0.7-2.i386.rpm

http://pkedu.fbt.eitn.wau.nl/~olivier/downloads/bluefish-0.7-2.i386.rpm

> If Bluefish is still under development, you should report this to the
> Bluefish people. Perhaps email to Bluefish's support mailing list, or
> see what their bug reporting system is like.
>

> If noone on techtalk provides a better answer, go with that - and feel
> free to ask us for help with bug reporting.
>
> Hopefully, someone will have a better answer.
>

> Jenn V.

Failing that, Jenn's suggestion is definitely next step.

Hope that helps.

Gawain