[Techtalk] No INIT found yet can boot from floppy

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Fri Jul 5 14:50:25 EST 2002

Matt,

While not knowing the answer to this question I did a google search using the following:

"kernel panic" no init found

and it turned up a heap of matches. Have a poke through those, and if you find something that looks like a likely solution (ie passing kernel parameters at boot time or doing something in lilo) but are not quite sure how to implement the solution, then write back. Passing paramaters and that sort of thing *is* something I can help with. Just gotta know what to pass :)

A very wild guess on my part is thinking the solution might lie somewhere in adding an init= line to lilo. But that really is a wild guess and the answer could just as easily be rotating the laptop to face north.

Hamster