[Techtalk] No INIT found yet can boot from floppy

BUNTER MATTHEW Matthew.Bunter at renaultvi.com
Tue Jul 2 16:19:00 EST 2002

--- Reçu de       VITEUR.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77             02/07/02 16.19

Hiya,

Just reinstalled RH7.2 with KDE onto my laptop. No probs with the install
until rebooting when It comes up with a kernel panic saying no INIT found.

Luckily I stuck to the instructions for once and made a boot disk. I can
boot into Linux with no problems with the boot disk.

So .... how do I fix it so that I can boot without the boot disk (without
re-installing RH).

Cheers in advance.

Matt

  -> TECHTALK(a)LINUXCHIX.ORG