[Techtalk] simple reference book on Linux

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Thu Jan 31 16:42:53 EST 2002

At 1/31/02 11:34 AM , Malcolm& wrote:
>clear current line. (ie. wipe everything back to the prompt as if you'd held
>down delete for a long time).

If you want to do this in a dialog box (say you'd typed a long string into
a text field), I'd do Shift-Home (select to beginning of line), then Del.

But since you say "everything _back to the command prompt_", I suppose you
want to do this in a DOS box under Windows. It seems the standard command
prompt doesn't do this, but if you're already using doskey, Esc will clear
the current line.

If you're not using doskey, I'd strongly advise it to avoid tearing your
hair out from the lack of a command prompt history.

                                                 --Kai MacTane