[Techtalk] simple reference book on Linux

Malcolm& rannirl-yhogroups at otherkin.net
Thu Jan 31 15:34:36 EST 2002

On Thursday 31 January 2002 02:30 pm, Kai MacTane wrote:

> Since I use the command line rather than X, I'm not sure what Ctrl-U does.

It's a command line thing that generally gets used in input fields in X-apps
too.

> But if you'll tell me, I can probably tell you how to do it in Windows. (If
> you honestly care.)

clear current line. (ie. wipe everything back to the prompt as if you'd held
down delete for a long time).

--
"Sometimes doing the right thing doesn't change anything.
 It can drive you crazy."

<<  This email is monitored by the US government under the auspice  >>
<< of the USA act. For private communication, ask me for my PGP key >>