[Techtalk] simple reference book on Linux

Caitlyn Martin caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 31 10:25:14 EST 2002

Hi, Malcolm,

> Not offended, but curious. Have they released a new version?
>
> When I picked it up a couple of years ago, I found it outdated, almost
> impenetrable, and just plain wrong in a significant number of places.

Yes, a new version was released a while back with Red Hat (I think) 7.1
in it that corrected a lot of the problems in the first edition.  I
haven't read it in great detail, but I know Keith liked it an awful lot,
and he went from total newbie to being the Linux administrator (and a
very good one) at work.

All the best,
Caity