vim, was Re: [Techtalk] Great Mistakes I Have Made

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Tue Jan 29 08:08:12 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 06:57, Glenda R. Snodgrass wrote:
> > * set my .vimrc to automatically make a backup of everything I edited.
>
> Ooh, how do you do that?  That's one feature I love in WP that I didn't
> realize vim would do and I need it. :)

Edit (or create) your .vimrc in your home directory.
Add the line 'set backup' on a line of its own.

Both vi and emacs do an Awful Lot Of Things. If you can imagine it, it
can probably do it - you just need to figure out (or ask) how.

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/