[Techtalk] IDE/ATAPI Tape Drive

Derek Arnold darnold at uakron.edu
Mon Jan 28 01:34:28 EST 2002

This is a stab in the dark but I will give it a shot. This can't be too
different from dealing with a zip drive.  Ok, make some directory like
"/tapedrive" and do this (as root)

      if the tape is windows (fat/fat32 formatted) :
         mount -t vfat /dev/hdd /tapedrive
      if the tape is linux (ext2)
         mount /dev/hdd /tapedrive

then do ls -l on /tapedrive instead of the drive itself

Hope that helps
Derek