[Techtalk] Rebooting problem.

leslie at freakybutt.net leslie at freakybutt.net
Wed Jan 23 03:46:43 EST 2002

I'm not sure what could cause the problem I am having, but my computer
just reboots randomly. It isnt OS specific it will do it in Linux and
Windows. It sometimes even reboots before it can even get to an OS to
load. All my settings in BIOS are correct. The motherboard/processor is
definitely not overheating. Here are the specs.

Abit BX133-RAID Mobo
1 Ghz P III CPU
512 MB RAM
20.4 GB Maxtor Harddrive (Primary Master)
DVD-ROM (Primary Slave)
Realtek Ethernet 10/100 PCI
SoundBlaster 64 ISA
ATI All-in-Wonder Pro PCI

Has anyone ever had any problems with any of these? Ive just been having
hell with it lately. Because it keeps rebooting I decided to format it and
try Linux as a desktop but it just up and reboots in the middle of
install. :(

- Leslie