[Techtalk] Random: MS problem, Linux solution and an experiment

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Thu Jan 24 14:33:28 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 06:56, James wrote:

> The battery was basically 'drained out' yesterday and it has been
> charging for nearly 16+ hours.  After I go to my last class, I'll come
> along and see how long I can use it before it kills itself again.
>
> It used to seem to go 3-4 hours, but now it barely makes seemingly 30-45
> minutes.

Rechargable batteries age. I think it has something to do with the
crystalline structure inside.

You can partly restore the structure by -utterly- draining the battery
(have it run the laptop till it can't) and recharging. You might need to
do this two or three times.

If that fails, seek someone who knows more about rechargable batteries
than I do.

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/