[Techtalk] Laptop recommendations?

Julie jockgrrl at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 23 20:00:49 EST 2002

Aaron Mulder wrote:

>         I use a Thinkpad T20, and I love it.  Great combination of weight
> (<5) and features.  The top 'o' the line models (now T22 or T23 or so)
> will set you back $3500+, but if you don't insist on 1200 MHz, it gets
> cheaper fast.  Still, it's definitely more than a Toshiba, but I love it
> to death, and I think it's worth every penny.

If you have a friend who is an IBM employee or stockholder (not
so sure how the stockholder discount works ...) you can get
something like a T22 for a lot less than $3,500.  Mine was no
where near that and I had it upgraded a zillion ways to Sunday.

Alas, I don't live near Princeton or we'd become friends fast ;-)
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
jockgrrl at austin.rr.com                 or nothing at all.