[Techtalk] grep question

Leslie Simpson leslie at freakybutt.net
Tue Jan 22 09:05:15 EST 2002

Download and compile GCC from GNU. When I installed Solaris I had the
same problem. If I am correct it's been awhile since I messed with it
but it does have a C compiler just not a GCC compiler. Either that they
installed some of the binaries in a crazy directory so you might try
looking around for a GCC binary on there. Also it might be helpful to
install GNU Tar after you install GCC the tar that comes with Solaris is
a little cracked out and doesn't like to untar things sometimes.

- Leslie