[Techtalk] Security course

Caitlyn Martin caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 11 17:16:27 EST 2002

Hi, everyone.

> Security is fun stuff.

I have to agree with Julie 100% here.

> Are people more interested in the "theory"
> part of security or the "I wanna keep the hackers out of my box"
> part?  My forte' is more towards the theory end and less towards
> the practical end.

I can help on the practical end, which is my strength.  I wrote the
procedures used by one of our large government agencies for hardening
Linux and Solaris boxen, and have lots of firewall experience
(Checkpoint, Gauntlet, and ipchains).  I can discuss the tools and the
practical application, but I'm certain I am not that good (or anywhere
near as good as Julie) on the theory behind it all.

Perhaps we can make a good team on this.

All the best,
Caity