[Techtalk] Security course

Julie jockgrrl at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 11 20:54:13 EST 2002

Linda Laubenheimer wrote:

> "Raven, corporate courtesan" wrote:
> >         Heh -- so I guess there's interest in that.  Okay -- give me a
> > few months, and my schedule should be cleared off some.  (Yah, yah,
> > famous last words.)  Starting in March would work for me.  How would
> > y'all want to structure this?  We could follow a book, we could pick a
> > topic a week and spin off a small mailing list to discuss it, I could
> > post starter fodder every week (a la "So here's how I'd offer anonymous
> > FTP as securely as I could; how would you set it up?  How do you think
> > it's vulnerable?") and we could run from there... any other ideas?
>
> *perk* *perk* Security? *perk* *perk*
>
> This is an area that I am not very experienced in, damnit.  I have the
> mindset, but not the "toolset", or the nuts & bolts understanding of
> how and why.  Hasn't got past the dain bramage yet.

Security is fun stuff.  Are people more interested in the "theory"
part of security or the "I wanna keep the hackers out of my box"
part?  My forte' is more towards the theory end and less towards
the practical end.
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
jockgrrl at austin.rr.com                 or nothing at all.