[Techtalk] Java on Linux

Malcolm& rannirl-lc at otherkin.net
Thu Jan 10 17:53:31 EST 2002

On Thursday 10 January 2002 04:02 pm,  Xp0nential Xp0nential wrote:

> the reasons why Java is slow:
> * Garbage Collection

garbage collection doesn't have to make things slower.

> *bytecode

Neither does bytecode.

I know the Self group (at Sun) got some really impressive speeds out
of a virtual machine (byte code, dynamic binding, etc). Self was a
derivative of work on Smalltalk (also not known for it's speed).

I have no idea what happened to that project though.

--
They were once known as angels from the sky and heaven
But now they are known as devils, demons, alien monsters

<<  This email is monitored by the US government under the auspice  >>
<< of the USA act. For private communication, ask me for my PGP key >>