[Techtalk] C programming "course"

Raven, corporate courtesan raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Thu Jan 10 11:58:24 EST 2002

Heya --

Quoth Akkana (Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 01:31:58PM -0800):
> I'd also be interested in a kernel hacking "class", or in scripting
> languages (perl/python/php or whatever).

	"Me too" to all of these, though not in the near future.  Kernel
hacking would be ideal; that's really why I want to get better at C.
Right now I'm at the frustrating stage of "okay, I know what is
happening and what I want to be happening, but how do I change what I
see to make that happen?".  Many of the security things I do are
kernel-facing, and I'd just love to make it all a little less
incomprehensible.

> Classes like this sound like a great use of Linuxchix.

	I agree.

> (Though it's sometimes hard to find a time that works for everyone
> when we're halfway around the world from each other ... I love the net.)

	Yah; I'm wondering if e-mail might be better because of that.
Or perhaps there's some other more suitable format?

Cheers,
Raven

"What has it got on its portses, precious?"
  -- stolen, twice.  No idea whose it originally was.  [grin]