[Techtalk] Samba howto

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Tue Jan 1 20:46:43 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 03:41:13PM -0500, James wrote:
> I've read most of the mainstream howtos, but find them a bit confusing
> at times*.
>
> Anyone know a good Samba howto?  I'd like Samba to be able to
> authenticate a Win32 user and then allow the Win32 user to mount a drive
> on the Samba server.
>
> - James
>
> * The good howto list... I was considering creating a webpage with a
> list of howtos (Ones on LDP and ones not) I find helpful.  I think it
> could really help people, instead of having them sort through clutter.
> I was also considering writing a few guides specifically for people on
> Debian systems, like I am.  General tips, kernel compiling and etc.
> Especially kernel compiling, because a lot of the ones I have seen are
> Red Hat system centric.

If you would like to create such a webpage, why don't you come and
help the LDP do it? I've been working on several infrastructure
improvements with the goal of improving navigation, improving
meta-data searching, etc. I've only very recently been able to turn my
attention to the front end. Your help would be most welcome.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

We have no intention of shipping another bloated OS and shoving it down the
throats of our users.
	--Paul Maritz, former Microsoft Vice President