[Techtalk] compiling Ghostscript

Rebecca J. Walter rjp at mail.tele.dk
Tue Jan 1 21:09:24 EST 2002

My husband and I are having a horrible time trying to compile
Ghostscript 7.03 to support an HP OfficeJet.  It needs hpijs support,
which should be included in this Ghostscript version. We installed the
HP stuff it required first.  Edited the make file as directed on the
Ghostscript page and it aborted making the ijs.dev (no rule to make
target).

Can anyone out there give us any ideas?  I tried editing contrib.mak to
make it make ijs.dev, which worked when i told it to make hpijs.dev, but
gave the error:
AFPL Ghostscript 7.03: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
when my husband attempted to use it.  A google search on the original
compilation error didn't help.  I also tried checking the ghostscript
build bugs and didn't find anything there either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
bex