[Techtalk] What I did over the Christmas Holidays!

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Tue Jan 1 13:16:38 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 02:34:00PM -0500, Caitlyn Martin wrote:
> > Possibly the gui muas have gotten this kind of functionality in by
> > now. I haven't looked at them in over a year.
>
> Do look again.

I've been waiting for the functionality of the gui apps to get
competitive. They sure weren't a year ago, but things change fast,
don't they? I'll be looking at kMail real hard in KDE3, since it
sounds like all the things I want will be there.

It sounds like there are fewer and fewer reasons to use mutt. Of
course inertia will always play a role. At this point, a mailer would
have to be "better" than mutt in some way (other than looks, which
aren't that important *to* *me*). The biggest problem with mutt is
that it's hard to learn, and I went through that learning curve long
ago.

Thanks for the info,

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

I'm not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil. I simply suspect
that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn't need an
interpreter.
	--InfoWorld Editor Nicholas Petreley