[Techtalk] Question on distro....

Caitlyn Martin caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 26 12:38:29 EST 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:36:17 -0500
Malcolm <rannirl-lc at otherkin.net> wrote:

> Silly I agree with. I have no clue why they wouldn't install 'man'.
> Not particuarly odd though, as man pages are generally installed by
> the package they belong to, so each package will install it's pages
> even if 'man' is not installed.

In Red Hat 6.x, symlinks were not installed by default.  Symlinks!  Can
you believe that one?  What on earth were they thinking?

Yeah, there is silliness in almost every default install I've tried,
which is why I always do custom installs, regardless of the distro.  I'd
rather take a few minutes to pick out the packages I want.

All the best,
Caity