[Techtalk] Question on distro....

Malcolm rannirl-lc at otherkin.net
Tue Feb 26 12:36:17 EST 2002

On Tuesday 26 February 2002 12:55 am, Terri Oda wrote:

> I second Raven in saying that the debian minimal install is *very*
> minimal.  The one that got me is that man isn't installed.  All the pages
> are there, and I could gzip and cat 'em to my heart's content, but no man
> binary!  Very odd and rather silly, in my opinion.

Silly I agree with. I have no clue why they wouldn't install 'man'. Not
particuarly odd though, as man pages are generally installed by the package
they belong to, so each package will install it's pages even if 'man' is not
installed.

--
The meek shall inherit what they damn well please
- 'Under the Gun' Sisters of Mercy