[Techtalk] Extra display mode

Gene Dolgner Gene.Dolgner at ArvinMeritor.com
Fri Feb 22 17:58:11 EST 2002

I installed Mandrake 8.0 a couple of months ago and after playing around
with the OS for awhile, I got myself into a mode where after I reboot,
the display pops up into a generic X mode (xdm maybe?) with one text
window.  After I left-click and Exit this desktop, the Gnome login
screen pops up, which is where I'd like to be.  I'm sure it's something
I changed along the way, just don't know what.  Does anyone know how to
get it to come right to the Gnome login after reboot?

Thanx much in advance,
Gene