[Techtalk] Not really a linux question but I'll try here

Davis, Jennifer JDavis at JUSTICE.GC.CA
Wed Feb 13 18:27:07 EST 2002

Hi all:

	I am just wondering if there was something that exists or can be
created to allow me to run php/mysql off a cd.  I am sure that that is
impossible.  What I mean is... umm...  I work in the a law office and have
created a database of Supreme Court Cases relavant to one of my managers'
practice, but it runs off of a linux server with php & mysql.  (It has been
great in writing his facta & academic papers as there is no more
transcription of case law, now I just copy & paste), but it would be better
that it be stored on a cd, so the data doesn't get lost.  I can probably
just save the html source of the a search on "" to get all the cases, but
then I'd lose the search & sort features.

	Does there exist something that would allow this kind of tool to
work off a cd, and for both windows and linux?  I'd point you to the website
that I keep it on, http://scc.jenn.ca , but unfortunately, it's down this
week pending a move and transfer of my ADSL service.

	Again, thanks in advance....

	Jenn