[Techtalk] Linuxchix book review pages

Lahoma Lemanski LJLemanski at mail.ifas.ufl.edu
Sat Feb 2 09:00:36 EST 2002

Good morning Ladies,
I would be happy to do the book review section on the website, provided that
it could wait until after July to be in full swing. I am getting married in
July and untill that is over my brain will probably be somewhat mushy,
(filled with all kinds of little details, just hoping the DJ makes it to the
reception!) but after that I should be able to get back to real life pretty
quick, and will be grateful for something more techy to do! Should you all
decide that you would like me to do it, I could start compiling a list of
books and reviews submitted, and who knows, maybe I will be able to do some
of it before then.
A few ideas that I have are the following:
A book of the month section, where a particularly good submission can be
featured, with a full review, and possibly comments submitted by others who
have read the book.  We could also include current price comparisons for
major online book dealers for the selection.
Then there could be a general list, that could link to previous books of the
month reviews and comments. And I think they should be organized into
topics, like networking, programming, general reference, newbie tomes,
etc...
I think it would be a great idea to have a list like this moderated by
women, as we tend to have differing views as to what is helpful and
essential, than men do.
I look forward to your feedback,
Lahoma Lemanski
Webmaster FAMRC [http://agmarketing.ifas.ufl.edu]