[Techtalk] rsync problem copying directory from local machine to server

k.clair kclair at serve.com
Thu Dec 19 11:03:17 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 11:15:51AM +1100, Mary wrote:
- On Wed, Dec 18, 2002, k.clair wrote:
- > Well, I've read much documentation trying to debug this, and I just
- > can't figure out what the problem is. It seems like I'm doing the
- > exact same thing that all of the examples show which show copying from
- > the local host to a remote server, but it's just not finding any files
- > to put in to the list. I've also tried using "/*" instead of "/" and
- > "/*/" as well (that last one was kind of a desperate resort).
-
- Is it not finding any files, or is it just taking too long and giving
- up?

the output is:

[root at host src]# rsync -vr --numeric-ids --dry-run / rsync.host.com::lvs_se=rver_v1
building file list ... [root at host src]#

and, the server logs the connection without any error messages.

it returns after "building file list..." right away.  I'm on multiple
T3s.  :)

### my gpg key can be found here:
http://www.klerp.net/gpgkey