[Techtalk] Chasing Understanding

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Fri Dec 13 16:34:21 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 01:44, Andrew wrote:

> 	ps It was last June-July when "Sophie" gave instruction on bios and
> cmos is she still reading the list? Is Jen anywhere near the fires in
> Austrailia? How is the rain in England. It can't decide to rain or snow
> outside my door in Maine(NE, US).

There are fires in Australia every year. I currently don't choose to
live far enough in the bush to be at risk.

I may choose to at some point, at which time I will consult the local
fire departments for risk-minimisation measures BEFORE I move, and move
to a low-risk but still pretty area.

I'm (a) Australian-born, and (b) smart. I grew up on the driest
inhabited continent on the planet. Don't worry about me and fires.
Now, if I were to move to Canada, you would have a serious reason to
worry about me dying from hypothermia.....

Jenn V.
 My book 'Essential CVS' will be published by O'Reilly in 2003.
jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/