[Techtalk] Spurious kernel interrupt?

Meredydd Luff meredydd at everybuddy.com
Thu Aug 29 22:50:08 EST 2002

On Thursday 29 August 2002 22:04, Alain Tesio wrote:
> The conditional defines CONFIG_SMP and CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC
> are used in this file, maybe you have a kernel configured for SMP and a
> system with only one processor ?
Hah! Yes - I've had this one before, and it was on - guess what? - a flaky
single-processor-installed SMP system (turned a out to be a bad SIMM way up
in like the 44th out of 48 mb, so it was quite hard to diagnose before I
wrote a proggie to bulk-malloc() megabytes at a time and managed to make it
repsoducible).

Meredydd
--

MSN Developer, Everybuddy project