[Techtalk] pdf creating tools?

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Thu Aug 29 22:42:33 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 15:47, Megan Golding wrote:

> --- Glen Strom <gstrom at eol.ca> wrote:
> > On 28 Aug 2002 22:42:06 +0100
> > /dev/null <dev_null at iriXx.org> wrote:
> > > just wondering if anyone knows of any free software for creating
> > pdfs?
>
> > Take a look at HTMLDOC.
>
> I've been using HTMLDOC for a few days now to automate conversion of
> web pages to PDF. Glen mentioned that its not perfect (true that) but
> I've found HTMLDOC to be an acceptable tool for mass conversions with
> no human intervention.
>
> Something good to note: I found the combination of the documentation
> (on the website and provided with the source code) and mailing list
> archives to be really good.
>
> I posted a quick description of how I got the results I needed from
> HTMLDOC. See my weblog for the description and a sample output:
> http://www.kalamitykat.com/
>
> Good luck!

hi, and thanks!
well i've decided to go with htmldoc - i've been using it today and find
it wonderfully fast and easy (much better than using Adobe Acrobat!)..
whats more i can edit the original html file if i want to change things
and then its just a one step command to revise it... much easier :)

thanx everyone for your help :)

bw
miriam
--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

 _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email