[Techtalk] pdf creating tools?

Megan Golding meggolding at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 29 07:47:30 EST 2002

--- Glen Strom <gstrom at eol.ca> wrote:
> On 28 Aug 2002 22:42:06 +0100
> /dev/null <dev_null at iriXx.org> wrote:
> > just wondering if anyone knows of any free software for creating
> pdfs?

> Take a look at HTMLDOC.

I've been using HTMLDOC for a few days now to automate conversion of
web pages to PDF. Glen mentioned that its not perfect (true that) but
I've found HTMLDOC to be an acceptable tool for mass conversions with
no human intervention.

Something good to note: I found the combination of the documentation
(on the website and provided with the source code) and mailing list
archives to be really good.

I posted a quick description of how I got the results I needed from
HTMLDOC. See my weblog for the description and a sample output:
http://www.kalamitykat.com/

Good luck!

Meg

=====