[Techtalk] sonypid

Conni ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Wed Aug 28 06:14:12 EST 2002

I'm still having issues getting it working.  I used Akkana's code, and put
it in /usr/local/bin.  I did 'modprobe sonypi', and 'mknod sonypi c 10
63'.  Then, in an xterm, I typed 'sonypid -d' and tried the little wheel
thing: nothing.  No output, and no scrolling.  (I tried it in Opera, where
mouse scrolling usually works.)  (/etc/modules.conf contains the line
'options sonypi minor=63'.  I can't remember why, and I can't find the
spot of documentation that said it should.)

So far, it looks like I've done everything right, unless I'm totally
missing something (which is entirely possible.)  Help?

Conni

--
Let's drink to the dead lying under the water, and the crust of the blood
on the driven snow.

		  www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt