gnome2 was Re: [Techtalk] just a lil fyi

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Mon Aug 26 10:20:37 EST 2002

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 08:44:47AM -0700, Carla Schroder wrote:
> I'm waiting for Ximian...I'm running Red Hat 7.3, so apt-get does me no good.
> I'm not interested in building from source or CVS. I appreciate the posts
> about how to do it, and revealing CVS mysteries. For some apps it's worth the
> trouble- for this, I'll wait for the easy way.

Ximian have a Gnome 2.0 channel where you can get snapshots. Lately I
understand that they have been consistently in the "it works" department
(not always the case over the past few months). So if you do not want to
wait for their "official" release, grab the snapshots and enjoy.

> Say, on the subject of top- or bottom-posting- I'd like to plea for a little
> consistency. Doesn't matter to me which way, as long as it is consistent in a
> single post. Not mixed up like this one, which started out bottom-posted,
> then migrated upwards.

I cannot imagine a situation in which top-posting is ever better than
in-line posting. Why should my eyes have to bounce up and down to work
out the context of the reply? Urgh.

Malcolm