[Techtalk] lock screen in RH7.0

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Sat Aug 24 07:41:15 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 10:58, illini.engineer at att.net wrote:
> When I log in as "root" in RH7.0, the lock screen action
> doesn't work. It works fine when I am logged in as a
> standard user.

X is very protective of the computer.  You may notice it chiding you in
the logs about logging in as root as opposed to doing an su; warning
that the screensavers won't work properly.  I'll bet that's related,
though it would seem to make some sense to at least allow locking the
screen.

regards,
Beth
--