[Techtalk] apt-get problem - help!

Dave North dave at timocharis.com
Fri Aug 23 09:25:44 EST 2002

Kat:
> Well, it's all apparently to be found out in
> man apt-config
> and
> man apt.conf

Oh dang, I looked at the former and didn't parse it right, because...

> The apt-config command enables one to dump the current config on stdout,

I tried that, and there was no entry for Cache-Limit in mine. Was there in
yours? I saw one in the sample, but only related to CD-ROMs.

> Try again with
>         APT::Cache-Limit 12582912;
> and...
> it worked!

To the extent you remember how to do this (exactly) could you write it up
and post it? I'll drop it on a web page so it can google-propagate. This
clearly needs to be documented...
	And thanks for figuring out the exact procedure. I'm sure I'll
need to know some day!

Dave