[Techtalk] apt-get problem - help!

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Fri Aug 23 08:06:35 EST 2002

I am getting the following error when I attempt to run
apt-get update

Reading Package Lists... Error!
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Error occured while processing libcgi-fast-perl (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Is there some way of preventing this?  It happened to me before, and I
reduced the number of package-sites it was reading, but now it's come
back again, and I really would prefer a better workaround than losing
information.

Kathryn Andersen