[Techtalk] Simply Hardware 3B

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Tue Aug 20 13:47:26 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 12:36, Andrew wrote:
> Jenn, Sophie & those good people interested,
>
> >remove the raid card until you're sure everything else is ok - right
> >now, it's only confusing things.
>
> 	Pulled the PCI raid card, Machine booted off the CD instantly. Yeah!

Aha! Now we know that the boot process is working.

Now, either the BIOS boot sequence says 'hard disk first, if no hard
disk, use CD' or RAID is interfering with the boot sequence.

See if you can find the section of the BIOS that handles the boot
sequence. Then let us know what the sequence is. That will let us know
which the problem is.

If it's the boot sequence, change it to boot off the CD-ROM first, and
the hard disk only if there is no CD.

If it's already doing that, I leave you to Sophie or some other RAID
expert. :)

> 	I must apologize, I was beginning to loose faith and moved
> all the drives down one in order to install a floppy, sorry I had
> impure, less than faithful thoughts.

We have a great deal of knowledge between us. :)

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/