[Techtalk] Simply Hardware 2

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 17 21:44:08 EST 2002

Hi All,

	After seeing your posts, I changed the jumper pin (to master)
and the CD is now reported by the bios as Master and the CDRW as
slave, that is correct. Before it did not find the CD. Mem is
correct, all 4 (raid)striped drives are correct as is the amount of
space on the combined drives. It reports "the PnP system BIOS
installs SiI 0680 devices as striped set 00-00-00 01(not actual #'s)
and then the 229030 mb("Combined drive size") as 80h
	It just stops there.

	After power on it enters raid set up very quickly. my
pressing F8 or del does not seem to affect it. I just checked to see
if num-lock and cap-lock lights works ..yes.
	I am lost. Mandrake CD has been in both CD and CDRW at
power-up and as said they now are reported at start-up.

	Andrew

--

	    Have a nice Day!,
		Andrew