[Techtalk] Simply Hardware

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Sun Aug 18 00:43:32 EST 2002

On Sunday 18 August 2002 00:27, Andrew wrote:

> 	I am building my first box from scratch, it is together, no
> floppy was included, thinking it would not be needed, now, how do I
> boot my new machine off the Mandrake CD?  Are there jumper setting on
> the CD drive? Or do I need to find the long lost "Mandrake boot
> floppy"?

hi Andrew,

i usually find that i can boot okay from the Mandrake CD if i go into the BIOS
and set my boot order to CDRom, A, C  (i'm using an Aopen bios)...
as long as you have CDRom booting first it should work fine...

hth
miriam

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk