[Techtalk] Debian and sources

Nicole Zimmerman colby at wsu.edu
Sat Aug 17 11:28:49 EST 2002

apt-get source <package>

Then edit the debian/changelog. You probably want to use 'dch' to do this,
since it will preserve formatting.

dch -i will increment
dch -v will allow you to change to a new version.

Do a little dance, make your changes to src if you have any, then do:

dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc

to build a binary unsigned package (what apt-get -b source does).

-nicole

At 21:39 on Aug 15, Kathryn Andersen combined all the right letters to say: