WINE (was Re: [Techtalk] "I need to use Windows because ...")

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Wed Aug 14 14:34:13 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 22:42, Syleniel wrote:

> I don't know about the heartrate software, but for a financial software
> program you might look at Moneydance. It's able to import .qif files, and I'm
> currently testing it out as a replacement for Quicken.

Thanks, Syleniel, Moneydance looks pretty good.  I've gotten all our
accounts imported (it doesn't do Money accounts directly, but I exported
them as strict qif files) and I only found four transactions that
somehow got mangled, and one of them was the Mr.'s fault for messing up
the splits.  Checks print out very nicely (except one little bug I found
and reported).  I'm sneaking the Windoze version on his box now.

Should I change his desktop Money shortcut to point to Moneydance
instead?  How mischievous do I feel?  Hmm, I'd better see what sort of
day he's having first...

regards,
Beth
--