[Techtalk] sndconfig missing in my RH7.0

hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Aug 13 17:20:53 EST 2002

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 04:03:13PM +0000 or thereabouts, illini.engineer at att.net wrote:
> help!
>
> I am running RH7.0 on my laptop.
> I could have sworn I was able to play my audio CDs but
> today when I went to start up  "sndconfig", I couldn't.
> It is no longer in my "/usr/sbin" directory.
> How do I put it back?

How bizarre. Assuming that you haven't got carried away with drag
and drop as root in your file manager (I saw someone do exactly
this once, and once he'd moved lilo, telling him to reboot wasn't
an option until we fixed it by moving it back!)... well, assuming
that it's not something like that:

You want the sndconfig rpm for RH 7.0 which is presumably on your
CDs or on a whacking big mirror. If you don't have the CDs, rpmfind
may be your best bet as you can specify the distribution you want
an rpm for.

http://www.rpmfind.net or ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net

Telsa