[Techtalk] kernel 2.4.19

Julie txjulie at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 11 15:02:43 EST 2002

mc wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 13:46, Julie wrote:
> >
> > I'm running 2.4.19 on a dual P3 with Soundblast Live! sound
> > card.  So far it seems to be extremely solid and I must say
> > that I was pleasantly surprised to find that the SCSI tape
> > support works MUCH better.
>
> Great!  There is hope for me then :)  I am wiping and loading the distro
> from scratch one more time (very long story) and then the first thing I
> am going to do is install the new kernel.
>
> If the onboard sound still doesn't work, I was planning on getting a
> Soundblaster Live anyway so it is even better to know my backup plan is
> sound :)

I'm sure others will disagree, but I've never found a sound
card with better sound quality, compatibility, etc. than that
card.  The machine I use in the den for a stereo, VCR and
solitare game machine has the card with the remote control,
which is entirely too cool.
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
txjulie at austin.rr.com                  or nothing at all.