[Techtalk] Re: [Techtalk]chmod help on OO

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Sat Aug 10 23:47:52 EST 2002

On Saturday 10 August 2002 23:35, you wrote:
> I get the following with an ls -al in the directory OO was in...
>
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         6955 Jun 26 07:00 soffice
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       347674 Jun 26 07:00 soffice.bin
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           64 Aug  9 23:40 sofficerc
>
> > the soffice binary permissions probably should look like
> > -rwxr-xr-x
> > but at a guess, i think it must be saying
> > -rwx-r--r--
>
> Both of the things that look like the Soffice executable are what you
> say they should be, so I'm guessing if I understand this right that this
> isn't the problem.  Do you know what the sofficerc is and should that
> also have X ability for the user and group?
> 			-Suzi

that could well be it - sofficerc would be the config file, with
preferences...
it should still be owned by root though...
i think the safest bet is to chmod 4755 soffice and soffice.bin
then it will run as if root was running it - so you'll be able to read the
sofficerc :-)

let us know what happens!

iriXx
www.iriXx.org

cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk