[Techtalk] Website Building Program For Dummies

Dave North dave at timocharis.com
Fri Aug 9 11:49:12 EST 2002

Scott:
> Is anyone on the list doing PHP development?

Now and again.

>  If so, what are you using?

A text editor. If I have to do some messy tables, I'll set it up in moz
composer nowadays. My choice of text editors is more or less random, based
on mood and how much I have to do.
	I hear, however, there are some php-specific tools that I really
should get around to looking at.
	One is: http://www.ekenberg.se/php/ide/
	And if you don't mind tossing (eventually) some money at some good
folks, you might look at:
	http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-studio.php

> I am trying to work on some template libraries to make web page development
> a breeze for not only myself but anyone else who wants it.

Good idea. That's another thing that probably is out there somewhere that
I don't know about. Would like to hear both about what you find and what
you do...

> I have this bad (hangs head in shame) of using Home Site and Photoshop to
> do web development.  Need to break that habit.

Have you tried Gimp? After getting over 'the shock of the new' I actually
found it easier to use than Pshop -- for preparing web stuff, especially.