3rd [Techtalk] kernel What have i done

Poppy sylph at cyber-dyne.com
Thu Aug 8 21:21:13 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 17:03, Tabatha Persad wrote:

> If you are going to update your kernel using RPM, I would highly
> recommend using Mandrake Update, but then I'm not sure if it's on 8.0.
> That might work for the kernel packages.

No! no, no, no. Mandrake Update says specifically not to update kernel
this way (At least on my MDK 8.1 box) --> this will REPLACE your
existing kernel, when what you really want to do is install a new one
and try it out before you get rid of the old one. (Note: I tried this,
wound up completely reinstalling everything to fix it)

Mandrake has directions on their web site for how to update kernel via
RPM. They looked pretty good, but I haven't tried them yet.

--Poppy