3rd [Techtalk] kernel What have i done

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Thu Aug 8 08:37:48 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 04:10, Andrew wrote:

> 	I began this by getting the 2.4.19 source from kernel.org.
> (Actually this has been an ongoing hurdle, started at 2.4.18 weeks
> ago.)
> 	Because 2.4.3 is such a big jump to 2.4.19 I thought it good
> to simply compile a new kernel. This may be where it went wrong.

Hmm, could the problem be that you're updating a Mandrake kernel with a
generic one?  Could the Mandrake distro be putting something in a
different directory than where the generic kernel source expects?  It's
for that reason that I stick with Red Hat updates for my Red Hat
machines, never a generic.  I don't know if that matters or not, but
I've read that it can.

regards,
Beth
--