[Techtalk] Mandrake 8.1 vs 8.2

Poppy sylph at cyber-dyne.com
Fri Aug 2 18:11:48 EST 2002

This is interesting... I've had a couple of power outages, and too many
"oh, this program crashed either X or Gnome or something, and I can't
recover b/c I can't get in to kill the program that was running" where I
wind up having to cycle the power. I'd heard that 8.2 was pickier about
hardware, and got the impression that it was less stable overall. Are
you not finding this to be the case? I might think about upgrading
(again! - I've gone from MDK 7.2 to 8.1 already this year) at some point
if ext3 recovers better from improper shutdowns.

Actually, truth be told, I'd rather figure out why it's crashing on me
and get that fixed... all I've been able to do is figure out what I can
predict will kill it, and just avoid doing that. Which means I can't
access my work email from home unless I boot into windows.

--Poppy

--
Poppy,
Friend of the Penguin		-- sylph at cyber-dyne.com --